October 04, 2004

Back in the saddle again

Did a good series of hurdles this evening! Your whole body feels like you've really done something worthwhile. Castor was in fine shape, and as always, with enough energy for 4 horses...

I really think that never learning to jump is paramount to missing out on a colossal part of life. No matter how you feel ahead of time - crummy, tired, overworked, lazy, etc, etc, life is at the top when you're finished - even if you sometimes don't do a good job of it. It's carrying it through that gives you the kick.

I'm typing and eating a piece of my fresh sourdough bread. Now that's something else most people have missed out on. Pity.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

Maaan... I want taht bread! Screw the horse (no pun intended), I want the bread! You better have whole batches ready for christmas, I swear...