October 26, 2004

Dentist

Today Castor had a dentist appointment. Let me tell you how this works. First, you stand in the box to hold the horse calm for the treatment. Then, the dentist fixes a brace over the muzzle of the horse, picks up a gigantic rasp (handyman style XXL) out of a bucket of disinfected water, sticks his hand and lower arm in the horse's mouth and starts filing away. After this rasping session, he then puts his hand in again, checks that the teeth are smooth and then picks out old pieces of munched hay that get stuck like Juicy Fruit between the teeth and the back cavity of the mouth.



Avanti, a wise old gelding in the box near Castor, had a tooth pulled. More or less the same procedure.

Castor has a good dentist. He charges more than mine does.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on photography senior when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. W hile I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for photography senior. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about photography senior at the site above.

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter...Wow! While I was searching for info on photography portfolio I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for photography portfolio. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about #KEYWORD##.

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on life photography still I somehow ended up on your page. As your Dentist is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I
stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about life photography still, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.